These pages are dedicated to children learning hindi, in particular at the International School in Manosque.
They are in permanent construction, so please come back regularly to check new features (lessons, exercises, homework…).
You can interact with us using this interaction form. Thank you for your feedback… and your indulgence!
You may also wish to browse through the French pages of this site, devoted to Indian literature.
The following books are available at the school’s library. They can also be read online (courtesy
Please note that the books in portrait mode are presented by double page, whereas the books in landscape mode are presented by single page. Flip through the books by dragging the top-right corner to the left, as in a real one.
Most exercises are inspired by the two following methods
The number of stars is proportional to the difficulty of the exercise.
These lessons have been elaborated by the National Council of Educational Research and Training.
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an autonomous organisation set up in 1961 by the Government of India to assist and advise the Central and State Governments on policies and programmes for qualitative improvement in school education. The major objectives of NCERT and its constituent units are to:
- Undertake, promote and coordinate research in areas related to school education
- Prepare and publish model textbooks, supplementary material, newsletters, journals and develop educational kits, multimedia digital materials, etc.
- Organise pre-service and in-service training of teachers
- Develop and disseminate innovative educational techniques and practices
- Collaborate and network with state educational departments, universities, NGOs and other educational institutions
- Act as a clearing house for ideas and information in matters related to school education
- Act as a nodal agency for achieving the goals of Universalisation of Elementary Education
अच्युतं केशवं कृष्ण दामोदरं (all classes)
Downloadable documents are available for each chapter of every class book.